February 8, 2010

One of Those Days...

So Super Bowl Sunday has past, and work was dead as expected.  I think I turned four or five tables and was completely bored out of my mind.  It didn't help that I was in a horrible mood before I even showed up.

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like all your hopes, dreams, and aspirations are crushed?  Today was that day for me.  Church was great, and Trevor was as funny and insightful as always.  Even had a friend drive up from North Dallas to visit us in church.  Then I went about my day and my father more or less decides to crush me for whatever reason.  I won't get into details, but frankly it put me into a pretty bad short-term depression.

I said in my last post that it's important to stay connected to old friends, but I also want to say that new friends are just as important.  Without some of the people I've met at my new job, my whole day would have been ruined.  But having someone you barely know obviously notice something is wrong and take the time to talk and make sure you're okay is a big deal.

Basically the point of this post is to make sure not to take anyone for granted in your life.  Old friends, new friends, close friends, acquaintances - it doesn't matter.  You touch the lives of everyone you come into contact with, and they in return touch your life, sometimes without even knowing it.  So again, tell the people who are important in your life just how important they are, and you will bless them as they have blessed you.

No comments: