February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

So it's, oh, two minutes past midnight as I start to write this, which means it's two minutes past Valentine's Day.  Normally I would post something about how important Valentine's Day is to me, and how important it is to be loved, but this year I can see why a lot of people hate today, er, yesterday.

The term "single's awareness day" doesn't really apply to me, but I can relate with my significant other out of town this weekend.  It was a pretty lonely day watching all the lovebugs come into the restaurant and eat, and knowing I was by myself for the occasion this year.

So for those of you who hate today, or yesterday as it were, I feel your pain.  Also, my last name is Valentine so I've felt pain from this day since I was born, but that's another story.

No comments: