February 4, 2010

Stay Connected

I worked the lunch shift today at Chili's and turned all of three tables.  But one of my tables consisted of two women who hadn't seen each other in almost forty years.  They literally live across the railroad tracks from each other, and never knew until they connected on Facebook.  They sat and talked from about 11 to 1:30, and then left with a smile and hug.  

This whole situation just reminded me today of how important it is to stay connected with friends you care about.  I moved from Ohio to Texas, and don't talk to nearly anyone from Ohio save a select few.  However, those people are extremely important to me, and hopefully they know that.  If they don't, they better read this so they know.  

I also feel like it's important to connect or reconnect to a relationship with Jesus.  I've said this in previous posts, but the reconnection I've had lately has really turned my life around - not necessarily a visible change so much as mental.  My outlook on life is so much better. 

So my point is, tell the people who matter to you that they are important in your life.  Tell them you love them, tell God you love Him, and stay connected.  

No comments: