January 27, 2010

Return to Blogging

I feel like it's a good time to start blogging again. Writing is a great way to pour your heart out and get things off your chest; it's also a great way to inspire and create.

I've had an intense change over the course of the last month or two of my life. I grew up in church and was in love with Jesus, but the older I got, the more I started going through the religious motions. Go to church, act moral and righteous, then go out into the world and pretend God didn't exist. I would this all started around the age of 15. I'm now 23, and only within the last few months have I understood how important God is in my life.

I moved to Roanoke, TX, in August 2008, and within a few months started attending Compass Christian Church, and loved every Sunday service I attended. However, I was still going through the motions of religion, missing that connection and relationship to God that is so very important (as I now realize). I feel like the turning point for me was when someone very close to me had what I will refer to as an 'experience' in church, and I came to the realization that day that I wasn't living the way I should be living. I wasn't the stand-up role model, the strong pillar of faith, the stoic leader, or even a shoulder to lean on at that point. So I decided I would sincerely give God another chance, and man, has He really opened up my eyes and heart.

To keep this brief, I will tell you that I have had situations and opportunities arise since I gave God another solid chance, that, in all reality, I can only attribute to divine intervention. So, if you're cynical or skeptical about a relationship with the Savior like I was for so long, I can only say give God an honest shot to work in your life.

If you're in the Roanoke, TX area, I strongly encourage you to come to church with me. Trevor DeVage has really helped me change my life, whether he knows it or not, and Rob Gotcher's worship sends me places I've never been before. If you're not in the area, find a church that you fall in love with the first time you go there, open your heart and mind, and I guarantee God will work for you.

www.trevordevage.com
www.mycompasschurch.com
www.robertgotcher.com


No comments: