January 27, 2010

Love

So today I had the pleasure of being asked to be a groomsman in a friend's wedding next year.  I told him I was honored and that I'd love to, and after hanging up the phone, I got to thinking about how important love is to the human soul.  


With Valentine's Day coming up in a few weeks I feel like I may be a bit premature with this post, but who cares? 


I know I have been in love for the past six years with the most beautiful woman on the planet, and although we've had our ups and downs like any couple, I realize that she really does complete me and makes me whole.  I'd be lost without her advice and laughter, her tears and her smiles, and her unending love for me no matter what stupid thing I do.  


A relationship with Jesus is based on love.  How many worship songs and songs by Christian artists are grounded in love?  How many love songs are there in general?  Countless. 


I know we need You, Father / Much more than any other / Your love brings us together / We need You, we need You / Love, we need love / You are love / We need You / Love, you are love / We need love / We need You, I need You.



Love is a powerful emotion.  Don't abuse love, or it will abuse you.  And most importantly, make sure you're loving the right things and people, because love changes lives.


Addendum: 
You can see the power of love and compassion when it comes to the horrific situation in Haiti.  The outpouring for those people has been tremendous, similar to Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.  It's amazing what we can do when we bond together.  The flip side of this coin is how others have reacted *cough Pat Robertson cough *.  But that's a post for another day.  

No comments: