July 27, 2010

Wow so much for updating...

Yeah I know it's been about three weeks since I've updated, my apologies.  Those three weeks were rather crazy. 

To updated, we whooped on the Kingfish, and I got my first professional victory against them. 

The following weekend we went to Las Cruces and got beat pretty handily.

Finally, my last series as a Desert Valley Mountain Lion was against the Big Bend Cowboys, and we took 3 of 5 from them, and easily could have swept the series.  Details on that later.


The craziness all started when the league announced it was folding.  At that point a ton of players from the Kingfish and Mountain Lions took off for better leagues, leaving us with depleted rosters.  After all that happened, a player from the Kingfish decided it would be... appropriate?... to urinate all over the mattresses in their hotel room - which happened to be the same hotel I was residing in for the summer. Ron Baron decided then it would be the best course of action to leave only two rooms at the Travelodge, and instead of kicking out the Kingfish he dissolved my room forcing me to move a couple blocks down.  That doesn't sound like such a big deal, but I was forced to live with a couple players who were not nearly as focused on cleanliness as I was, so I became pretty agitated with the living conditions. 

I know that it sounds like I'm complaining a lot - and I am - but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything in the world.  Now that I'm home I wish it wasn't over.  In fact, I was pretty depressed all day today realizing that the season is over, at least for me. I'm not really very excited about going back to a real job and real life. 

I do have exciting news though:  I was able to make my first professional start - and my first overall start in more than two years - for our last game of the season.  I've been pretty sore since because I haven't thrown that much in a long time, but I came out after the fifth inning with a 5 - 3 lead, and overall I was pretty happy with my performance.  We ended up losing the game 6 - 5 in 10 innings, but it was a blast and a game I'll never forget. 

So now you're all caught up on my baseball dealings... I guess I'll update on normal life as I see fit from here on out until baseball rolls around again. 

No comments: