July 7, 2010

Whirlwind Week

My apologies for taking a week to write again - it's been one of those whirlwind kind of weeks.

We played great baseball on Thursday, winning 5-3 in 11 innings.
We were stomped on Friday and Saturday, losing 17-6 and 14-4 respectively.
And we won again on Sunday 9-8.

I'll take a split for the weekend, not too shabby.

The big news this week is that my roommate, Barry Fowler, was picked up by the El Paso Diablos of the American Association, and pitched his first game in Fort Worth last night.  I ended up driving back home for the week to take care of some things at home and see him pitch.  He threw 2 1/3 sparkling innings in a game that consisted of some pretty bad pitching and lots of hitting.  Good for him.  I'm hoping to follow in his footsteps relatively shortly.

Back to El Paso by Friday for a series with the Coastal Kingfish, I will update then.


- JrV

No comments: